Challenging Ourselves to Achieve Exceptional Outcomes
The current healthcare environment demands accountability and exceptional value. We have developed and implemented specialized clinical competencies to meet the higher level of treatment needed in post-acute care settings. Our strategic initiatives have a demonstrable effect on outcomes, and we continue to evaluate our processes and competencies to identify areas for additional improvement.
Commitment to Excellence
We strive for performance in the top levels nationally to align with our vision for excellence. Across our organization, we have demonstrated our commitment to delivering high-quality care:
- Improved transitions between care settings through warm handover protocols designed to promote and improve pre- and post-discharge communications.
- Reduced antipsychotic medication use through alternative behavior interventions. Average use of antipsychotic medications across the organization is consistently below the national average.
- State survey performance exceeding the state average.
- Four affiliates named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of 2016-2017 Best Nursing Homes.
- Deficiency-free state surveys earned at eight affiliates in the last three years, with a total of 16 deficiency-free state surveys since 2008.
- Joint Commission certification at all skilled nursing facilities.
- Organizational 4 Star CMS rating.
- Customer satisfaction ratings ranking in the 95th percentile nationally.
- Employee satisfaction ratings in the top third of the nation.
- National Research Corporation’s “Excellence in Action” awards for customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Recognition by Deyta Analytics as a Hospice Honors recipient two years in a row.
- Increased education and competency rates support an ongoing commitment to clinical excellence.
- Recognition through the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) National Quality Award program at every skilled nursing home and one assisted living affiliate.
- The Quality Improvement Organization of Massachusetts recently invited six of our skilled nursing affiliates to participate in a best practices symposium.
- Overall ratings above the industry average at both hospice providers.